Introducing Stanislas Devigne
We at Circle Compost are excited to officially announce our newest team member, Mr. Stanislas Devigne! Stanislas is a cyclist and composter doing two bike compost pickup routes per week. He picks up food waste via bicycle from Philly residents and businesses, then combines that food waste with carbon based materials like leaves and woodchips at our compost piles to make finished compost for Philly’s urban farms.
Here are some facts about Stanislas:
- He was in the United States Marine Corps from 1995 to 2000.
- His college major was Environmental Science.
- He has over ten years of experience as a professional landscaper specializing in landscape design and maintenance. His knowledge of plant species never fails to impress!
- Some of his favorite aspects of living in Philadelphia are its affordability compared to other large cities, its walk-ability, and its small town feel for such a big city. He’s enjoying raising his children here in the city and loves living and working in Philadelphia!
- Some of his favorite activities are urban gardening, exploring the city with his kids via bicycle, building intricate lego project with his kids, and attending concerts.
Here’s a photo of him with our large bike trailer after a recent bike compost route. If you see him around the city, say hi!